- Huawei ONT EPON Device
- Newwifi3 - with Padavan firmware
- Full Cone NAT
- DNSv6 server (SmartDNS: to avoid DNS pollution and IPV6 enabled)
- Terminal IPV6 Address (DHCPv6)
Ways have Tried
- Newwifi3 acts as a router
- Newwifi3 runs with AP mode
- Newwifi3 acts as a second router
- Newwifi3 acts as a router on the WAN port while LAN ports act as a switch with DHCP disabled.
Newwifi3 acts as a router
poor compatible with IPV6 and DHCP not available.
Newwifi3 runs with AP mode
No IPV6 address for the router so that it can't be a DNSv6 server but NAT is fully functional.
Newwifi3 acts as a second router
NAT mode automatically changes to Port Strict NAT as well as nat66 needs to be enabled when DHCP relay from the upper router. 6relay can set the DNS from the upper router but not manual.
DNS query is too slow and it is highly possible that terminals can't query DNS server due to starting Smartdns after Dnsmasq.
Using ping to determine whether the DNS server is working.
Binding all interfaces is needed to make the DNS server can be both access from WAN port and LAN ports.
no-resolv server=127.0.0.1#8053 dns-forward-max=100000 min-cache-ttl=1800 domain-needed interface=*